Day 1 – : June 5, 2017 U.S.A. / Mexico City
Our Mexico adventure and spiritual journey begins as we depart the United States on our flight to Mexico City. Upon arrival in Mexico City we will be welcomed by our local guide and transfer to our hotel.
Day 2 – June 6, 2017: Mexico City
After breakfast, we will board our motorcoach for a visit to the Plaza of the Three Cultures to see the ancient ruins and the place where Juan Diego was baptized. Continue to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the holiest place in the Western Hemisphere, for an introductory guided tour of the Basilica and the surrounding grounds, including the old Basilica, Tepeyac Hill Indian Church, the Church of the Well, and the Monument of the Offerings. Mass will be celebrated at one of the side altars. In the afternoon, we will visit the Anthropological Museum and the Metropolitan Cathedral.
Day 3 – June 7, 2017 : Mexico City
This morning visit the Floating Gardens of Xochimilco where we will enjoy a guided tour through the canals on board a typical chalupa (small boat). Continue to Tulpetlac, the site of the 5th apparition to Juan Diego’s uncle, Juan Bernardino, and the Monastery of Acolman. Then proceed to Teotihuacan to visit the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon. This evening enjoy dinner with live mariachi music at a local restaurant.
Day 4 – June 8, 2017 : Mexico City
Drive to Puebla to visit the Santo Domingo Church and celebrate mass at the Capilla del Rosario. Continue to the Shrine and Sanctuary of Our Lady of Ocotlan. Here Our Lady appeared to Juan Diego Bernardino in 1541 and left her miraculous statue in a burnt tree. Our next stop is the Shrine of San Miguel del Milagro, the site of miraculous apparitions of St. Michael to Diego Lazaro in 1631. Pray St. Michael’s exorcism and visit the well of healing waters before returning to Mexico City.
Day 5 – June 9, 2017: Mexico City / Queretaro / San Miguel de Allende / Guanajuato
This morning we will depart Mexico City for to Queretaro. After mass at the Santa Rosa de Viterbo Convent we will enjoy a tour through the cobblestoned streets of this beautiful colonial town. Home of the famous Corregidora, Queretaro played a leading role during the Independence War as well as in the Revolution movement of 1910. Continue to San Miguel de Allende which was founded in 1524 by the Franciscan monk, Juan de San Miguel. The town added Allende to its name after the Independence hero, Ignacio Allende, perhaps its most famous resident. This city enchants visitors with its cobblestoned streets, inviting Zocalo, framed by stunning 17th century Gothic churches, strings of outdoor cafes and numerous art galleries. Continue to Guanajuato and check in at our hotel.
Day 6 – June 10, 2017 : Guanajuato / Cristo Rey / San Juan de los Lagos / Guadalajara
After breakfast we will enjoy a tour of Guanajuato, the "Cradle of Independence," where the revolutionary leader Captain Ignacio Allende allied himself with Father Hidalgo. Our visits here will include the Alhondiga, Jardin San Gabriel de la Barrera, and the Minas de la Valenciana. Then depart Guanajuato and drive to Cerro del Cubilete to see Christ of the Mountain. Our next stop will be in San Juan de los Lagos to visit the main Cathedral and then we will continue to Guadalajara to check in at our hotel.
Day 7 – June 11, 2017 : Guadalajara
This morning we will drive to Our Lady of Zapopan for Mass and then later tour Tlequepapue and the downtown area of Guadalajara including the Cathedral, Plaza Tapatia and many other interesting sites and building connected with the Colonial era.
Day 8 – June12, 2017 : Guadalajara / U.S.A.
These rates include:
* Roundtrip economy class airfare from Los Angeles on Aeromexico (see schedule below)
* Airline taxes/fuel surcharges (currently $129.76 per person but subject to change until the time of ticketing)
* 7 nights accommodation in superior 4 star and 5 star hotels as follows: 4 nights in Mexico City at the Casablanca Hotel or similar, 1 night in Guanajuato at the Holiday Inn Express or similar, 2 nights in Guadalajara at the Hotel Morales Historico & Colonial or similar
* All hotel taxes and service charges
* Breakfast and dinner daily
* Comprehensive sightseeing with a professional licensed guide
* All entrance fees as per itinerary
* Land transportation by private deluxe motorcoach
* Arrival and departure transfers
* Porterage of one piece of luggage at airports and hotels
* Arrangements for daily Mass
* Gratuities to hotel staff and waiters for the included meals
* Customized promotional brochures
* One free based upon double occupancy for every 10 paid trip participants as indicated above
These rates do not include:
* Gratuities to guide and driver
* Lunches, drinks with meals, extras at hotels and any expenses of a personal nature
After breakfast drive to the airport for our return flight home with wonderful memories of our pilgrimage.